It's Pastels Day on TNT (Tune in Tuesdays) with The Angel Company! I decided to do a tutorial today on how to use the Spellbinder's Nestabilities with cards using three pastel papers from DCWV Bright Stack. This is a white core paper which means when it is sanded the core shows through. In the above card, the stamp actually goes out of the die (Labels 9) when you cut it out, like this picture shows.
I first stamped the images on white cardstock, remember to use Memento Ink if you will be coloring with your Copics. I stamped the flower from 'Blossoms & Blessings' first, masked it and then stamped the leaves. I laid the die where I wanted it over the image and marked with pencil where I wanted the image to stick out of the die. These markings can be erased later. I took it out of the die and cut around the image in that area. I slid it back into the die and ran it through my die cut machine first to cut it and then a second time to emboss.
To finish I colored the flower with my Copic Markers, stamped the words and mounted it onto pink cardstock that I had scored with my Scor-buddy. I first scored on the diagonal every 1/4" then changed the orientation and scored every 1/4" vertically to the first diagonal line. To make the score lines pop out I sanded them with a sanding block. This then is all attached to a white card base.
On the back of the package for your Nestabilites it tells you how to sandwich the dies for your type of machine for either cutting or embossing. You may have to put in an extra shim if it is not tight enough to either cut through or emboss well, every machine is a little different in how tight they are. I cut a heavy piece of card stock into A2 side and glued them together and use this for my shim. You may have to reposition and run through a second time or mist with water to get the look you are trying to achieve.
For my other cards I decided to use words for the focal point. For this card I used the words from 'Joyful Notes' stamped in Noir Ink inside a frame made with Labels 9 dies.
To cut the frame, I put two of the dies together on the same paper and cut at the same time. Below I have a picture of how I cut this frame.
You can put this on a magnetic pad or I put a little piece of tape on it to hold it in place. After you run this through your machine to cut, then change your sandwich to emboss leaving both of the dies in place. When you are done you will have a nice frame for your words or image.
If you want a larger frame skip a size die between. Also notice that I changed the direction on the middle die so it does not match up with the first die. You can even put in a different shape die if you want .... be creative with this idea!
To finish this card I took the pastel blue cardstock and scored it every 1/2" in both direction. Then I went back and re-scored every other intersection from the first direction. You ask why .... go back and look closer and you will see that it made the look of a basket weave! The flowers are from Lemonade Blossoms & Buttons (G-707). I added the silver sequences from Clear and Pearl Gem Collection (D-306) with a drop of Yellow Stickles in the center and then added a bow.
I store my dies in CD cases with a magnetic strip attached. I can get two sets per case and I label it with the name of the dies on the edge. These are then stored in a basket next to my die cut machine. It makes them handy and easy to get to.
For my next card I layered my pastel papers together and ran that through the machine to cut and a second time to emboss to get this cool look. This time I used Label 1 die.
Here is a picture of how it will look.
To finish this card I stamped the words from the set 'Filled with Joy' with Noir ink, which happens to be the SOTM this month. You can purchase this set for $10.95 during the month of April with a $30 order. That's a $5 savings! On the pink background I used my Scor-bug 1/8" from each eadge and then ran a fine pointed Copic Multi liner from dot to dot to make the faux stitching look. The flower and button are from Lemonade Blossoms & Buttons (G707). I folded the flower in half, taped it to the back of the die cut then added the button on top. The die cut is attached with pop dots.
And don't forget about the negatives of your die cuts!! This cards is made with the negative of a large frame I had cut out from Labels 9. I then embossed a smaller die from Labels 1 on white cardstock and attached it to the inside of the negative. I love the look of different sets of dies used together!
To finish it up I stamped the words from 'Thoughts & Prayers', added dots with my Copic Multi Liner, a border of embossing with my Scor-bug on the pink and added a bow. The pearl gem at the bottom of the card is from Clear and Pearl Gem Collection (D-306). It is all mounted to a white card base which I use for most all of my cards since I sell them.
Pull out your pastels and give some of these ideas a try or just do your own creative thing! But be sure to post and link it here so we can all enjoy your creative effort.
Blessings ~ Rita